Hydrodemolition is the term used for the cutting and removal technique of concrete from built surfaces using a (High Pressure Water Jet.
Hydrodemolition is now recognized by the Civil Engineers to be the safest, most efficient and vibrations-free method for the removal of concrete. The remaining structure suffers no crack, the reinforcement steel stays intact, so, the initial integrity is maintained.
- No micro-cracks within the structure
- No damage to the reinforcing steel and no relaxation of the structure
- The reinforcing steel is cleaned by the application of high pressure water, thus, creating proper surface conditions so that new concrete can bond to the existing one.
- Hydrodemolition enables the precise and selective demolition, ensuring the removal of just the concrete that has gone bad, leaving the good material intact.
- Hydrodemolition minimizes dust pollution
- No noise from the echo caused by demolition hammers.